The IISS welcomes students receiving undergraduate or postgraduate education at a recognised university or college.
Student Membership allows active involvement in the Institute’s research, work and events and applicants for Student Membership should show in the view of the IISS Membership Committee, future promise to be a contributor in the field of strategic studies.
Applicants are required to provide a copy of attestation from their academic institution confirming the name and dates of their course or a copy of their university card as proof of their student status. A further valid copy will be required with each subscription renewal.
Benefits of Membership
Student Membership at £100 per year provides the following benefits:
- Online access to the Members area of the IISS website, including access to the above publications
- Access to presentations and discussions via webcasts
- Use of the IISS library, which houses a specialised collection of books, journals, pamphlets and online resources covering a wide range of current international affairs, security and defence topics
- Online access to the Library’s Discovery Platform, which offers an aggregated search facility to access over 3,000 full-text journal articles, working papers and e-books on international security and counter-terrorism. This includes journal titles such as Africa Confidential; Conflict, Security & Development; Foreign Affairs; Foreign Policy; Intelligence & National Security; International Security;National Interest; Nonproliferation Review; Washington Quarterly and many more
- Special access to to the use of Arundel House, the Institute’s exclusive headquarters building in London
Joining Fee: Successful applicants for Student Membership will be charged an administration fee of £30 in addition to the subscription rate of £100.