This category is intended for major companies and institutions that seek to further develop their knowledge and understanding of international affairs. Companies that have an interest in or are expanding into a particular region or market will certainly benefit from the service package offered by this membership level.
Premier Strategic Partners have access to the IISS special briefings programmes, in particular through invitations to exclusive local and regional events and access to private and demand-based briefings. Premier Strategic Partners can benefit from the invaluable resources of expertise within the IISS network and staff.
Benefits of Membership
Premier Strategic Partnership at £10,000 per year provides the following benefits:
- Nominate up to five representatives to the IISS
International Events and Networking
- Invitation to the annual Global Strategic Review, the Institute’s principal international event for analysis of global foreign, defence and security policy (delegate fees not included)
- Invitation to select geo-economics seminars at IISS–Middle East
- Monthly invitation to participate in the corporate webinar series
- Invitation to the annual Alastair Buchan Lecture at Arundel House
- Invitation to some 100 exclusive events, presentations and briefings at Arundel House or at our US, Asia and Middle East offices
- Priority invitations to small, exclusive events, such as VIP lunches or dinner meetings addressed by leading figures from the public and private sectors
Bespoke Briefings and Consultancy
- Receive up to two briefings a year (depending on format) on key security, foreign policy, political, economic, commercial and technological issues by accessing the expertise of the Institute’s staff and consultancy network; briefings can be delivered in person or by video-conference
- Invitations to selected group briefings specifically tailored to Strategic Partners' needs with timely and relevant topics and discussions
- Priority access to the bespoke consultancy services that can be provided by IISS Consulting.
Publications and Resources
- Receive up to five sets per year of the Institute’s publications:
- Survival: Global Politics and Strategy, the Institute’s international relations journal
- The Adelphi series, providing in-depth analysis of general strategic issues
- Strategic Survey: The Annual Review of World Affairs, examining the year’s political and military trends
- Strategic Comments, online briefings on breaking strategic issues
- The Military Balance, the authoritative annual inventory of the world’s armed forces
- Online access to the Members area of the IISS website, including access to the above publications
- Access to presentations and discussions via webcasts
- Access to the IISS library, which houses a specialised collection of books, journals, pamphlets and online resources covering a wide range of current international affairs, security and defence topics
- Priority access to IISS facilities to book meetings, briefings, conferences and video-conferences.
Note: Further nominees may be added for £500 each per annum.