This category of membership is intended for individuals who recognise the valuable work that the Institute does to promote dialogue and sound policies in the sphere of international security, and who wish to support this work in a substantive way. Admission to this category is at the sole discretion of the Director-General and Chief Executive of the IISS.
Patron members receive all the benefits of an individual membership, together with an invitation to attend one of the Institute’s major international events held annually in Singapore and Bahrain, either the Asia Security Summit: The Shangri-La Dialogue or the Middle East Security Summit: The Manama Dialogue. In addition they will be selectively invited to take part in our geo-economics programme seminars held at IISS-Middle East and to join IISS senior staff when periodically they entertain public figures. Patron members also have the opportunity to access the expertise of IISS staff and its wider network through occasional bespoke briefings.
Benefits of Membership
Individual Patron Membership at £10,000 per year provides the following benefits:
International Events and Networking
Bespoke Briefings and Consultancy
- Receive up to two briefings a year (depending on format) on key security, foreign policy, political, economic, commercial and technological issues by accessing the expertise of the Institute’s staff and consultancy network; briefings can be delivered in person or by video-conference
- Invitations to participate in our monthly briefings for top-tier corporate members by webinar
- Receive one set per year of the Institute’s publications:
- Online access to the Members area of the IISS website, including access to the above publications
- Access to presentations and discussions via webcasts
- Use of the IISS library, which houses a specialised collection of books, journals, pamphlets and online resources covering a wide range of current international affairs, security and defence topics
- Priority access to IISS facilities to book meetings, briefings, conferences and video-conferences.