The IISS Individual Membership is drawn from around the world and typically from fields including industry, banking, consultancy, academia, journalism and government service.
Individual Membership allows active involvement in the Institute’s research, work and events, and is granted on the basis of merit.
Benefits of Membership
Individual Membership at £325 per year provides the following benefits:
- Online access to the Members area of the IISS website, including access to the above publications
- Access to presentations and discussions via webcasts
- Use of the IISS library, which houses a specialised collection of books, journals, pamphlets and online resources covering a wide range of current international affairs, security and defence topics
- Online access to the Library’s Discovery Platform, which offers an aggregated search facility to access over 3,000 full-text journal articles, working papers and e-books on international security and counter-terrorism. This includes journal titles such as Africa Confidential; Conflict, Security & Development; Foreign Affairs; Foreign Policy; Intelligence & National Security; International Security;National Interest; Nonproliferation Review; Washington Quarterly and many more
- Special access to the use of Arundel House, the Institute’s exclusive headquarters building in London
Joining Fee: Please note that successful applicants for Individual Membership will be charged an administration fee of £30 in addition to the subscription rate of £325.