Government ministries, embassies and high commissions, colleges and universities, academic departments, and libraries may become IISS Institutional Strategic Partners. They can choose to join at two levels: Basic Member (£2,000 per anum) or Premier Member (£10,000 per anum).
Universities and Embassies can also exceptionally join as Non-Profit Institutional Members at £1,000 per anum.
All institutions can elect to join at a higher level (Executive at £25,000 per anum and Patron at £50,000 per anum) if they find that a more comprehensive package suits their needs.
Benefits of Membership
Institutional Strategic Partnership at £2,000 per year provides the following benefits:
- Nominate up to two representatives to the IISS
International Events and Networking
- Invitation to the annual Global Strategic Review, the Institute’s principal international event for analysis of global foreign, defence and security policy (delegate fees not included)
- Receive invitations to some 100 exclusive events, presentations and briefings at Arundel House or at our US, Asia and Middle East offices
- Invitations to selected group briefings specifically tailored to Strategic Partners’ needs with timely and relevant topics and discussions
Publications and Resources
- Receive up to two sets per year of the Institute’s publications:
- Survival: Global Politics and Strategy, the Institute’s international relations journal
- The Adelphi series, providing in-depth analysis of general strategic issues
- Strategic Survey: The Annual Review of World Affairs, examining the year’s political and military trends
- Strategic Comments, online briefings on breaking strategic issues
- The Military Balance, the authoritative annual inventory of the world’s armed forces
- Online access to the Members area of the IISS website, including access to the above publications
- Access to the IISS library, which houses a specialised collection of books, journals, pamphlets and online resources covering a wide range of current international affairs, security and defence topics
Note: Further nominees may be added for £500 each per annum.