Outreach Manager, Coporate & External Relations office
The International Institute for Strategic Studies is seeking an energetic outreach manager to promote the growth of the Institute’s membership base, through recruitment, publicity and corporate development. Reporting to the Managing Director, Corporate & External Relations, the outreach manager will have the opportunity to be part of a small but dedicated team working on individual membership recruitment, corporate and strategic partnership development, marketing, PR and sales.
Primary Responsibility: 60%
- Researching individual membership opportunities via the IISS staff and network, social media and online, and external engagement
- Coordinating and delivering recruitment drives including events, outreach campaigns, and PR promotions
- Researching prospective high-net-worth individuals who may be patrons of the Institute
- Working with the IISS international offices to promote regional membership recruitment
- Supporting the departmental strategy on marketing initiatives, including the development of visuals and copy, and the management of the appropriate channels for outreach and distribution
- Working with colleagues across the IISS to raise the Institute’s profile and leverage the profile to develop the individual members’ base
- Coordinating and conducting periodic surveys of competing organisations with a view to upgrading IISS benefits, products and services
Secondary Responsibility: 25%
- Utilising the existing IISS membership base to identify gateways and advocates for potential strategic partner engagement (recruitment of corporate members/strategic partners/sponsors)
- Proactively approaching individuals to convert an agreed/expected number of relationships from individual membership to strategic partnerships or institutional memberships
- Researching institutions worldwide for outreach potential for individual memberships and/or strategic partnerships/institutional memberships, and proactively coordinating and delivering recruitment campaigns.
Tertiary Responsibility: 15%
- Management of team activities relating to individual membership (including responsibility for supporting the Membership Officer, the Corporate & External Relations Administrator and the Membership Accounts Assistant in their processes and procedures);
Candidates should possess at least an undergraduate degree and must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with minimal supervision. A minimum of six years of experience in marketing/sales/outreach and/or PR is essential, as is an entrepreneurial approach to work.
Candidates must demonstrate excellent organisational skills, an astute and diplomatic manner, effective time management, excellent writing skills and a flexible approach to projects. Great attention to detail is required as is a methodical approach to this multi-task role. Knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Suite (including Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and MS Dynamics – or another CRM database - is required. Demonstrable experience in project management, line management, marketing and PR and development/outreach is essential.
This is a permanent post, subject to a probationary period of three months. Salary range: £34,000 to £38,000 in line with skills and experience. Benefits package included.
Please apply by email to email@example.com by 16:00 on Tuesday 24 March, 2015, attaching CV and covering letter outlining experience and suitability. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, only candidates invited for interview will receive a reply. Interviews will be held week commencing 6 April 2015.
Only candidates who already possess the right to work in the United Kingdom should apply.
Corporate & External Relations Administrator, Corporate
& External Relations office
The International Institute
for Strategic Studies is seeking an energetic administrator to contribute to
the enhancement of corporate & external relationships between the Institute
and its corporate members, partners, contributors and individual members.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Corporate & External Relations, you
will have the opportunity to be part of a small but dedicated team working on individual
membership development, outreach and administration, and corporate &
external relations administration.
Primary Responsibility: 70%
Using systems including Microsoft Dynamics to manage IISS’s relationship
with its members (corporate and individual) and partners, through inputting and
outputting data, and analyzing the data output to maximize sales and leverage
- Processing member applications and corporate members’ nominations using
the website, Microsoft Dynamics, and any other relevant systems, and ensuring
that data is kept up to date, complete and clean;
- Processing members and corporate members enquiries, by email or phone, working
with colleagues to respond when appropriate;
- Creating logins, user ids and passwords for members and corporate member
- Writing text for emails to individual members with notifications and
other information, with support from colleagues when required;
- Running mail merges using Microsoft Dynamics;
- Supporting, when required, the Membership Accounts Assistant in
processing payments and ensuring renewals and/or cancellations;
- Supporting, when required, the work of the managers within the team and
of the Managing Director on initiatives of marketing, including the development
of visuals and copy, and the management of the appropriate channels for
outreach and distribution;
Assistance to the Managing
administrative support to the Managing Director of Corporate & External
Ad-hoc tasks: 25%
- Researching prospective and existing members, partners and contributors
for IISS and IISS Consulting;
- Researching bodies including Universities, Ministries and Embassies that
can be engaged in IISS work as strategic members;
- Research into IISS competitors and a competition analysis;
- Supporting the Corporate & External Relations office with members
and corporate members’ events;
You should possess an
undergraduate degree and a keenness to work in administration. You need to
demonstrate excellent organisational skills, an astute and diplomatic manner,
the ability to prioritize and time-keep; to write with minimal supervision, attention
to detail, methodical working, the ability to multi-task and have a flexible
approach to work. Some knowledge of Microsoft Suite (including Excel and
Word) is essential; Publisher, PowerPoint and MS Dynamics are desirable.
is a permanent post, subject to a probationary period of three months. Salary
range £22,000 to £24,000 in line with skills and experience. Benefits package.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13 March 2015 at 16:00,
attaching CV and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
to the high volume of applications expected, only candidates invited for
interview will receive a reply. Interviews will be held week commencing 23
Only candidates who already possess the right to
work in the United Kingdom should apply.
IISS–Middle East Office
Middle East Internship
The International Institute for Strategic Studies – Middle East is currently seeking two interns to support the operations and research programmes of its office in Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain.
You will be involved in:
- Planning, organisation and execution of the annual IISS Manama Dialogue Summit, the Geo-economics Middle East Forum, and other IISS-Middle East events
- General administration and operation support in the management of the office
- Research assistance for programmes focused on regional security
- Compilation and preparation of draft reports
- Be enrolled in, or have an undergraduate degree relating to the study of international relations or regional politics
- Possess excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Fluency in English
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Arabic language skills are highly desirable
- Possess the right to work in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Cover letter, outlining your experience and suitability
- Sample of recent writing
Please send the above by email to Erika Broers on IISSemail@example.com by 05 March February 2015. Kindly note that selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
The IISS is happy to consider applications for full-time or for part-time internships. Their programme can be tailored to fit the intern’s other professional or study commitments, and a small daily stipend will also be offered. Internships at the IISS-Middle East run for three months, but could be renewed or extended by mutual agreement.
Successful applicants can expect to gain direct exposure to the work and management of a leading international think-tank.
Information on internship opportunities in our US office
There are currently no vacancies.
There are currently no vacancies.